MARK FRANKLAND

I wear two hats when I write this blog of mine. First and foremost, I manage a small charity in a small Scottish town called Dumfries. Ours is a front door that opens onto the darker corners of the crumbling world that is Britain 2015. We hand out 5000 emergency food parcels a year in a town that is home to 50,000 souls. Then, as you can see from all of the book covers above, I am also a thriller writer. If you enjoy the blog, you might just enjoy the books. The link below takes you to the whole library in the Kindle store. They can be had for a couple of quid each.

Friday, March 27, 2015

ON THE ROAD FROM NEW MEDIA TO OLD MEDIA


Many hundreds of readers found their way to my blog about the imminent arrival of the Trussell Trust in Dumfries and how hack off we are about it. To be honest, the response to the blog has been extremely encouraging to everyone here at First Base. I was therefore particularly pleased when the phone rang the other day. It was Sharon, a reporter on our local paper - 'The Dumfries Standard'. Sharon had read the blog and felt the way all of our many volunteers were feeling about the arrival of the new kid on the foodbank block deserved wider attention.
Did I agree?
You bet I agreed.
The result appeared in the paper today and can be seen above. Once upon a time this kind of shoddy behaviour could easily have been played out behind closed doors. Not any more.
It's always nice when the traditional media agrees.
Thanks Sharon!

No comments:

Post a Comment